Dr. Hands draws upon a rich array of psychological research, approaches and experience to assist in understanding the underlying causes of emotional distress. He views symptoms as emotional messengers that have important stories to tell. Learning about these stories and their emotional meaning is an crucial step in the direction of lessening and the ultimate elimination of psychological symptoms and emotional pain. Through cognitive and insight oriented therapeutic approaches, focus is directed on problems related to the unique life circumstances that are associated with relationship issues, self-destructive life patterns, trauma, anxiety, depression, personal loss, insomnia and work related difficulties.
Dr. Hands’ expertise is working with individuals, couples and families experiencing especially challenging life situations. For over 20 years Dr. Hands has provided non-judgmental assistance to individuals by addressing conscious and unconscious blocks that can lead to years of self-destructive behavior and silent emotional pain. Once the causes and effects of personal challenges are understood in their proper context, a new sense of freedom and control emerges empowering healthier life choices – turning years of pain into positive outcomes and meaningful life change.
- State Licensed Psychologist Doctorate of Philosophy, Psychology-Object Relations, Psychoanalysis Master of Science, Counseling Psychology-Family Counseling Bachelor of Arts, Psychology – General Psychology
- Member of American Psychological Association (APA) Since 1995
- Member of California Emergency Response Team member Since 2012 (CERT)
- Member of Red Cross Disaster Response Team
CLINICAL WORK EXPERIENCE
- Assistant Professor/Adjunct California School of Professional Psychology, Alhambra, CA Psycho-diagnostics
- Faculty Instructor Ryokan College, Los Angeles, CA Research Methodology, Family Systems Therapy
- Critical Incident Debriefing in Various Firms
Media Consultations NBC, CNN. Business Channel, KCAI., Los Angeles Times, KPCC